Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain after Madrid. It is located on the northeast coast of Iberian Peninsula and facing the Mediterranean Sea. Barcelona has many things to offered, such as: its historical sites, art exhibition, entertainment center, shopping street, beautiful beaches, and fascinating architectural building. In order to enjoy it, you need to rent a car. By renting a car, you can see Barcelona’s best attractions whenever and however you like it.
Car rental in Barcelona has various offers. Most of them can be booked online on their website. Every car rental has its service area. Some of them have providers in outside Barcelona, for example: Madrid or Sevilla. Almost all of them have the same requirements, such as:
- To rent a car, you must be at least 21 years old and have held your license for 1 year
- An International Drivers License is highly recommended
- Seatbelts are mandatory
- Child seats are mandatory for children up to age 3
- Children under 12 years old may not sit in the front seat
- Speed limits in Spain are: City 31 mph/50 kph. Open roads 55mph/90kph, Highways 74 mph/120kph
There is so much to see in Barcelona and using a rental car enables you to be the explorer of Spain. Pineda de Mar is only 50 minutes from Barcelona, drive for 20 minutes and you will see the historic Lloret de Mar, and you won’t miss the La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell or Casa Batllo.